Today was a Monday for sure guys. I don’t know if it’s the weather, or just the horribleness of past few weeks, but today was just craaaaaaaapy. I wish I was a bear and today was the beginning of my winter slumber. Why don’t we do that?
So just let me vent about my first world Monday.
- Dave left to go visit his dad this morning. He’ll be gone for who knows how long. And I’m always grumpy when he leaves. So that’s part of it.
- I’ve come to the realization that it doesn’t matter how old my kids are, I will never get more than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time for the rest of my life. Lack of sleep, I know, is part of it.
- My son missed the bus this morning – so I trudged out in the pouring rain, braless, in my coke bottle glasses, in a raincoat and slippers to drive him. And when I dropped him off, some school authority comes up and says “You can’t drop him off here”. Which is fine – they have a system. I get it. But I was literally just sitting there, in line, idling for 5 minutes waiting to get to the drop of point. So I told Pres to hop out. But because it was a crappy Monday morning, I just wanted to punch school dude in the face.
- Oh and why did my son miss the bus? Because he was trying to convince me (for the 1,000th time) that in addition to his lab coat he needed a pair of prescription glasses and a compass to complete his “Zoologist” costume for his presentation at school.
“You can be mad at me all you want son, but how are you going to read your report if you can’t see it? Plus those glasses will give you a monster headache. THE LAB COAT WILL SUFFICE.”
As you can see, I’m a pushover – I got some glasses from the Dollar Store and snapped the lenses out. Behold a “Tiger Expert”.
- I finally made it to the gym (I usually go in the morning, but that just wasn’t in the cards this morning). So I got that done. And there was only one Bro and some dude doing weird superhero kicks and punches on the astroturf. Thus I could do my out of shape, awkward squats and lifts in semi-private. #bonus
- I made dinner, and the kids ate it. #miracle
- If you’re Mormon, you have Family Home Evening on Mondays (theoretically). It’s basically just a family night. Which has never been, nor will it ever be, my forte. I usually use it as an excuse to go get ice cream….FOR ME. Last week I actually got my act together and we did a “grateful” night to commence November. We wrote things we were grateful for on cut out leaves and hung them on our “Thankful Tree” (branches I found on the ground and put in a vase). This week? I yelled at the kids for a solid hour in an attempt to get them to clean their rooms. And then we had some Halloween candy. Amen.
- And then I tried a new recipe for chia seed chocolate pudding – an attempt to reduce my sugar intake. (Which has been out of this world lately). It was…..not good. So I put a hella bunch of squirty whipped cream on it. Mmmmmmm. #sugarfail.
- Last weekend was Friends and Family at GAP. So I spent a whole crap load of money I shouldn’t have, and got a crap load of stuff we kinda sorta needed (it’s how I deal with unpleasantness in my life, ok? Don’t judge me!). I threw away all of my dingy mom sweats in exchange for new, cute mom sweats. So that was my ensemble for my crappy Monday. Bonus for me, probably not for the rest of humanity. But at least I was comfy,
And now you can go to sleep and get a good solid 8 hours. I’ll be over here being woken up by 3 little psychos that take shifts during the night.
“My feet itch”
The struggle is real.